Basic Function: The Distribution Center Receiving Clerk functions as part of the hatchery support team in the shipping, receiving, and distribution activities of the Corporation. Under general supervision, performs work in various phases of hatchery support and operation of the Anchorage Distribution Center.
Primary Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the position include assisting the Purchasing/Logistics Manager and Logistics Lead in the purchasing, shipping, receiving, and distribution activities of the Anchorage Distribution Center; and transporting freight to and from the barge landing sites and vendor locations.
Description of duties and tasks:
- Drive a box van to make deliveries, pick up orders.
- Receive incoming vendor deliveries, accurately counting and comparing delivered supplies to the corresponding purchase order, recording damage or discrepancies.
- Maintain shipping manifest, bill of ladings, delivery schedule and receiving summaries.
- Follow 49 CFR regulations in regard to the preparation and shipping of freight.
- Label, weigh, organize and consolidate supplies for shipping according to delivery schedules.
- Operate a forklift to receive and unload freight from vendor deliveries; load supplies in shipping vans and/or flatbed for shipping, observe correct weight distribution and load securing protocol
- Site cleanup, general maintenance and repair, cleans, sweeps or shovels snow.
- Leads by example workflow or scheduling to other crew members in a team.
- Use computers and computer software to conduct routine data entry or output.
- Assists in keeping maintenance activities log, equipment inspection and repair records.
- Recommends procedures, techniques and new equipment to improve work efficiencies or adaptation to new techniques.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of office equipment, technical materials and supplies.
- Knowledge of computer operations and software.
- Knowledge of policies, processes, and procedures used in large-scale organizations covering purchasing and property control.
- Skill in comparing data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness, identifying discrepancies and making corrections.
- Ability to maintain records of procurement activities, equipment and inventory records.
- Ability to organize and consolidate inventory in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate professionally with suppliers and vendors.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely to develop and complete documents, memoranda and correspondence.
Essential Functions: Work performed at the Anchorage Distribution Center. Must be able to move about freely; ability to lift and carry 50 pounds; ability to climb stairs without assistance; use telephones and computers unimpaired. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Must be able to hear and see to receive verbal and written instructions.
- High school graduation or equivalent, and one year experience in receiving, shipping, logistics or similar work.
- Must have a current driver’s license free of moving violations suspensions,
Positions Supervised: None.
To apply for this job please visit pwsac.com.