Website Prince William Sound Aquaculture Corporation
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Category: Full time, Temporary
Payroll Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Location: Remote, Hatchery or Field Station
Basic Function: The Maintenance Technician functions as part of the maintenance team in carrying out preventative maintenance and repair duties necessary for the efficient operation of the overall hatchery facilities and equipment.
Responsibilities: The Maintenance Technician works under the direction of Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Assistant in areas of routine cleaning, maintenance, and repair to the facilities, equipment, and systems. Also assists in fish culture and harvest operations.
Maintenance Technician I is an entry-level position that requires basic knowledge of maintenance duties. The Maintenance Technician II position requires fundamental knowledge of maintenance procedures.
Description of Duties and Tasks:
- Hatchery Systems and Equipment Maintenance: Assist in the maintenance and repair duties on hatchery systems and equipment as directed. Systems may include power generation, hatchery heating and hot water, pump and fuel distribution, recycle systems, lake pump house and emergency pumps, lighting, emergency fire, hatchery domestic water and wastewater.
- Site Maintenance: Assist with the hands-on routine maintenance duties of equipment and housing facilities. Equipment may include loaders, fuel pumps, saws, outboard motors, boats, ice augers, cement mixers, steam cleaners and pressure washers, snow removal equipment, welders, drill press, power tools, and other hand equipment.
- Perform intensive hands-on snow removal
- Garbage disposal
- Equipment fueling
- General site cleanup
- Assist with loading and offloading freight; receiving and distributing freight
- Assist in any and all phases of fish production operations as directed
Essential Functions: Work performed at any hatchery or remote location as needed. Must be able to move about freely, work outdoors in all weather conditions, lift and carry up to 50 lbs, ability to climb stairs and ladders, ability to climb aboard and move around in vessels, small aircraft; work around water on docks and floats. Must be able to use telephones and computers unimpaired. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Must be able to hear and see to receive verbal and written instructions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow mechanical, electrical and shop related safety precautions
- Demonstrated ability to follow safety rules
- Demonstrated ability in operating and observing maintenance instructions for hand tools, power tools, and other equipment
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical theory
- Aptitude towards electrical, mechanical, carpentry, welding and plumbing skills
- Ability to read and record accurate data from gauges and fluid levels
- Familiar with using computers and software for data entry and output
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions and complete projects as directed
- Ability to clearly report assignment progress and completion to supervisors
- Ability to coordinate efforts and work cooperatively in a group
- Ability to perform physically demanding work, withstand inclement weather, and other uncomfortable environmental conditions
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Six months of maintenance work experience or outdoor manual labor (Maintenance Technician I)
- One year in plant or building maintenance OR accreditation/certificate from Vocational school in construction, mechanical or electrical trade (Maintenance Technician II)
- Current driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.