Temporary assignment available ASAP with an anticipated end date in late December. Located in Anchorage, AK
Basic Function: The Distribution Center Receiving Clerk functions as part of the hatchery support team in the purchasing, shipping, receiving, and distribution activities of the Corporation. Under general supervision by the Purchasing/Logistics Manager, performs work in various phases of hatchery support and operation of the Anchorage Distribution Center.
Primary Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the position include assisting the Purchasing/Logistics Manager, Logistics Lead, and Distribution Center staff in the purchasing, shipping, receiving, and distribution activities of the Anchorage Distribution Center; and transporting freight to and from the barge landing sites and vendor locations.
Description of duties and tasks:
- Receive incoming vendor deliveries, accurately counting and comparing delivered supplies to the corresponding purchase order, recording damage or discrepancies.
- Consolidate delivery documentation – purchase orders, invoices, receipts, manifests -for each delivery.
- Maintain shipping manifest, bill of ladings, delivery schedule and receiving summaries.
- Label, weigh, organize and consolidate supplies for compliance with 49CFR and 29CFR shipping and according to delivery schedules.
- Operate a forklift to receive and unload freight from vendor deliveries in a safe manner.
- Site cleanup, general maintenance and repair to facilities, shovel snow.
- Leads by example work flow or scheduling to other crew members in a team.
- Use computers and computer software to conduct routine data entry or output.
- Load shipping vans using proper weight distribution procedures.
- Load and secure freight on flatbed trailers according to the Alaska Department of Transportation standards.
- Transport and deliver shipping vans and flatbed trailers to and from the barge landing sites and vendor locations.
- Implement preventative maintenance schedules for shipping vans, flatbed trailers, Freightliner truck, box van, forklift and other hatchery support equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of parts for minor repairs to trucks and vans – lights, plastic grommets, hose couplers.
- Record and track maintenance activities log, chassis registrations, equipment inspection and repair records.
- Recommends procedures, techniques and new equipment to improve work efficiencies or adaptation to new techniques.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of office equipment, computer, software, technical materials and supplies.
- Knowledge of 49CFR and 29CFR for handling, labeling and shipping of Hazardous Materials.
- Knowledge of policies, processes, and procedures used in large-scale organizations covering purchasing and property control.
- Attention to detail in comparing data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness, identifying discrepancies and making corrections.
- Ability to maintain records of procurement activities, equipment and inventory records.
- Ability to organize and consolidate inventory in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate professionally with suppliers, vendors and coworkers.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely to develop and complete documents, memoranda and correspondence.
Essential Functions: Work performed at the Anchorage Distribution Center. Must be able to move about freely; ability to lift and carry 50 pounds; ability to climb stairs without assistance; use telephones and computers unimpaired. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Must be able to hear and see to receive verbal and written instructions.
- High school graduation or equivalent and one-year experience in receiving, shipping, logistics or similar work.
- Forklift experience/certification
Positions Supervised: None
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.