Essential Functions: Work in office environment; ability to move about freely; ability to lift and carry 30 pounds, also traverse stairs, use telephones and computers unimpaired. Must be able to read and write clearly in the English language. Must be able to hear and see to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Basic function – Under supervisory direction, the Human Resource Clerk performs tasks related to the hiring of temporary hatchery employees.
Primary responsibilities – The primary responsibilities are recruiting, processing employment applications, interviewing applicants and tracking application data.
Description of duties and tasks –
- Advertise and post employment opportunities.
- Pre-screen applicants for temporary hatchery positions, maximizing rehires and career oriented (fisheries) applicants and verify references.
- Coordinate and conduct pre-employment interviews.
- Provide pre-employment hatchery information to applicants.
- Maintain job applicant tracking spreadsheet.
- Keep all personnel files in a secure area to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Coordinate mailing lists for recruitment flyers and contacts with educational institutions.
General qualifications – Skills/Abilities/Experience:
– Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in office procedures, be able to organize work load, working with little supervision
– Should have a minimum of 1 year experience involved in some aspect of human resource management.
– Must be able to communicate with a variety of people; effectively meet and interact with the public in person and via telephone.
– Must have good written and oral communication skills.
– Knowledge and use of computer software, including spreadsheets and data bases.
Positions supervised – none
To apply for this job please visit pwsac.com.